Countdown To Show
- Is there a “hop on and hop off” shuttle bus around the showground?
We are pleased to be able to offer a Shuttle Bus facility operating a hop on and off service around the perimeter of the showground.
Ticket prices are £5.00, per person on the day for this service which is weather dependent.
- What time do the car parks open?
- What time do the gates open?
Gates open at 8:00am.
- Is there any local transport to the show field?
Damory Coach Company provide bus services in and around Dorset and Wiltshire and will be providing buses directly into the Great Dorset Steam Fair site from Salisbury and Blandford.
For details please call 0845 072 7093 or visit www.salisburyreds.co.uk
Also see our web page “Getting There”.
- Is the ground uneven?
The showfield is a working farm so suitable footwear is advised.
- What time do the car parks close?
Close at 2 am. Caravans are prohibited from entering our car parks.
- Are Barbeques allowed?
Unfortunately due to health and safety restrictions we do not allow charcoal barbecues of any kind. However, gas barbeques are allowed.
- Are dogs allowed on the showfield?
Yes, as long as they are on a lead at all times.
- From what time does the evening rate apply?
From 5pm each day. Evening tickets are not required if you have already used an Adult/OAP Day Ticket on that day. Children under 16 years gain FREE evening entry.
- At what age do the Senior Citizen rates apply?
Senior Citizens are classed as Women and Men aged 60 years and over.
- Are there concessions for Monday admission?
Yes there are reduced prices for advance and pay on the day Monday tickets. This is due to the show ending at 5pm, not due to less attractions. Children under 16 years have free entry on Monday.
- What to do if you hold a Steam Apprentice Card?
If you’re bringing a Steam Apprentice Card you must show ID at the ticket box office to receive your entry card.
- Are there are any restricted vehicles?
NO VANS, TRUCKS OR LORRIES of any description will be permitted on the public campsites. You must not book prepaid camping if you have one of these vehicles as you will be refused admission without refund in all cases.
- Are motor homes allowed on the pre-paid campsites?
Yes, camper vans and motor homes are allowed.
- Does pre-paid camping include admission?
No, you have to buy entrance tickets for each person per day you wish to enter the show field. During the five actual show days you must book the relevant amount of admission tickets to correspond with your camping requirements.
- What facilities are available on the showfield?
We have showers, water, toilets, and a Calor Gas store. We also have 24-hour emergency medical cover along with the Police and Fire and Security services.
- Are disabled buggies available for Hire?
Yes. Scooters need to be booked in advance of the show by contacting Poole Shop Mobility on 01202 670450 or visiting their website www.wheelsforfreedom.org.uk. Scooter availability is limited and it is advised to book your scooter well in advance to avoid disappointment. They will be located on site at the front of the disabled car park.
- Are there any banking facilities at the show?
Yes, ICE Banking provides these facilities which can be found near to our Show Office in Showfield B.
- Are debit/credit card facilities available at the entrance gates for “On the Day” admission payments?